Job Title: SEO Director
Reports to: CEO/President
- Responsible for managing all SEO activities such as technical seo, content strategy, link building and keyword strategy and competitive intelligence to increase rankings on all major search networks
- Experience with eCommerce / eBusiness industries strongly preferred
- Strong brand, national or global seo experience preferred
- Must be able to supply a minimum of 3 sites with volume > 25,000 sessions / mo (each) or one moderate site with volume > 250,000 sessions / mo
- Experience with strategy generation for site Information Architectures (IA)
- Exposure to large scale, enterprise or multi-client SEM campaigns on Google Adwords, Facebook and Bing in order to maximize ROI
- Strong technical SEO background analyzing, managing and identifying any potential issues which would affect rankings and create strategies to show improvement (ie 301s, conicals, schema, robots.txt)
- Extensive experience in dealing with SEO ramifications, planning and strategy for site migrations from one website platform to another (example: shopify to magento or woocommerce to magento)
- Experience or familiarity with landing page optimization from an A/B or MVT method (with scalable tools) a plus
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and analyze competitor research
- Research and analyze on page content experience to develop holistic content and page strategies
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Familiar with tools such as AHREF, SpyFu, Moz and Search Metrics.
- Google Analytics, Mobile, Adwords as well as Bing certifications preferred
- Communicate clear expectations to execution team either internally or externally. Ensure messages are succinct and have been clearly received.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
Professional Development and Competencies:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Creativity/Innovation:Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Knowledge Building: Consistently learns new skills and has the desire to learn new information. Pass down tribal knowledge with teams, partners and clients, creating a learning organization.
WHO YOU ARE (AND WHO WE ARE)
- Believe in open and honest communication/relationships
- Understand integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking
- Full of Passion and determined to make MARTEC360 a success
- Realize Excellence requires Adaptability
- Believe success is achieved with data driven results
- Understand Process should be scaleable to meet the client’s needs
THE MARTEC360 EXPERIENCE
We’re a group of energetic, passionate, and fun-to-be-around individuals who gather each day to make a lasting impact in for our customers and future customers in the rapidly-growing world where marketing and technology are converging. Many of us come from e-commerce, marketing, statistical or start-up backgrounds. Some of us don’t. But all of us share in the commitment to doing something awesome. Come be awesome with us. We believe in building a culture with strong values and goals; that’s the key to building a great product and lasting relationships with our customers and partners. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by an Operations team that’s aiming for the stars, with people from a variety of marketing, tech, e-commerce, and entrepreneurial backgrounds — a recipe for thinking outside the box, going for big wins (for our clients behalf as much as our own).
HOW WE’LL HOOK YOU UP
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Health and dental coverage allowance (we do not provide coverage ourselves yet)
- Flexible working environment, work anytime / anywhere as needs present
- Paid Time Off (PTO), our policy is simple, respect your team, and take time off when you need it (of course we expect you to notify your manager for approval so that coverage is provided.)
- Choose your flavor of device – Mac, Windows, Linux
- Access to stand-up desks if desired
- An environment that will expose you to all facets of the business and that will encourage you to learn and develop skills both within and beyond the role you’re hired for
- Regular social events that inspire friendships and strengthen the bond amongst the team
- Seeing the world (well, at least at trade shows and conferences — 10-20% of your time, or as needed)